post from A Tasty Thought by JG
on 15 January 2013 05:12:00 PM. © A Tasty Thought by JG
|Pear-Apple Craisin Crisp - only needs a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!|
The 3 ripened Pears attracted my attention whenever I opened our fridge. Well, they were
in plain sight located on the top shelf - on the right hand side! Sure, they were ripe, but I was thinking about Apple Crisp.
It was at that moment I knew that 2 of those 3 Pears would not keep their spot much longer!Pear-Apple Craisin Crisp!
The delicate flavor of baked pear slices combined with baked apple slices. Dried cranberries mingled in with the fruit...and a nutmeg/ cinnamon oat topping. YUM! It sounded delicious and later that evening it sure tasted scrumptious
! Pears & Apples are a great combo! Cortland Apples are always my favorite for baking. (That is until the available apples in the grocery stores are a bit soft. Then, I bake using Empire & Granny Smith Apples.
I located my Craisin Raisin Apple Crisp Recipe
- omitted the raisins and substituted 2 Pears for 1 Apple.Pear- Apple Craisin Crisp
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 45 - 50 MinutesIngredients:
5- 6 large Apples, peeled & sliced
Pears, peeled & sliced
1/4 Cup Craisins
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon softened
Butter or Margarine Method
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray PAM in 8" x 8" glass pan.
- Place peeled/ sliced Apples in pan.
- Mix in peeled/ sliced Pears.
- Sprinkle in Craisins.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle this Topping mixture over Apple & Pear slices.
- Bake 45- 50 Minutes or until Apples/ Pears are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- When cool, cover & refrigerate any leftovers.
This is a tasty dessert on a winter evening and winter is back!
You may be curious about the 3rd Pear on the top shelf in my fridge! That remaining fresh Pear was cut into chunks for 2 servings of Spinach Salad with Pears
. A great salad at dinner when tomatoes are not in season in the northeast! :)
Read The Full Article: http://atastythought.blogspot.com/2013/01/pear-apple-craisin-crisp.html Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!