post from A Tasty Thought by JG
on 13 February 2013 06:05:00 PM. © A Tasty Thought by JG
It's very peaceful...listening to the water trickle down into the gutters as the snow on our roof melts. Today it was 40°F and the bright sunshine filled my Computer/ Sewing room as I was typing. Yesterday, my hubby used our Snow Rake to remove snow from the edges of our roof. We are not looking for a repeat of the winter of 2011! The water moving downward is a welcoming sound today.
Tomorrow is a day of FuN
! It's always great to make a fave dessert for Valentine's Day
! So many to choose from. Suddenly, the vision of a Creamy Cheesy Pie
appeared! It's an easy dessert that my mother-in-law tempted me with so many years ago.
We were visiting in the sunny state of FL during the winter. The week before I had baked a delicious creamy Cheesecake. Much Cream Cheese, Sugar, a homemade crust, and much prep time in my creation. After sampling the first bite of her treat, I knew I'd never spend that much time again using my recipe. Hers was so easy...hers was so tasty...hers was a lot less effort! It was delicious!
From that time on I make it for a special occasion. Valentine's Day is definitely a special occasion this month!Creamy Cheesy Pie Ingredients:
(1) small pkg. Cook & Serve
Vanilla Pudding Mix
(1) pkg. 8 oz. Cream Cheese
(2) Cups Milk
(1) Pre-made Graham Cracker Pie ShellMethod:
- Prepare Pudding according to package directions.
- Place Cream Cheese in a medium bowl.
- Pour hot Pudding over Cream Cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into Graham Cracker crust. Smooth mixture to crust edges.
- Cool - maybe 30 minutes and cover with plastic wrap. I leave small amount unwrapped on edge.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into slices. Add whipped cream on top.
- Place berries on the side.
- Refrigerate remaining pie to enjoy again. Yum!
- My family uses 1% Milk, so I add 1 Tablespoon powdered milk into pot before making pudding.
- Sometimes I substitute Neufchatel Cheese for Cream Cheese.
- I use Jell-O brand pudding mix, because when using the Jell-O brand I do not burn the bottom of the pot. :)
My older son has made a Chocolate Creamy Cheesy Pie - using Chocolate Cook & Serve Pudding. Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Read The Full Article: http://atastythought.blogspot.com/2013/02/creamy-cheesy-pie.html Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!