post from A Tasty Thought by JG
on 01 February 2013 04:23:00 PM. © A Tasty Thought by JG
|Super Bowl Chili|
Super Bowl Sunday! The time to get comfy and watch the commercials on t.v.! Oh, definitely
, also focus on the game! We all have our fave team. Even
years before attending my first Boston College Football game, watching football was
a weekend fave activity. My sons were SuperFans
watching their BC Eagles in Alumni Stadium during home games. Parent Weekends were great! The tradition lives on,
attending games and also following the careers of former BC football players in the Pros!
This Sunday we'll be enjoying the big game
. My West Bend Slow Cooker will be put to work... Chili
is on the menu. Yummy! Placing the ingredients in the Slow Cooker's pot, adding the cover, setting the temperature to High later reducing to Medium...
dinner will be so tasty
& it will cook itself!
(Usually, I place one veggie in the Slow Cooker's pot and then add the meat/chicken.
The pot has a nonstick surface, but I use this precaution, so the browned Ground Beef, in this case, will not become crispy on the bottom. Green Pepper chunks that have been defrosted from my freezer stash
are placed on the bottom.)
Super Bowl Chili
|Cut into chunks before adding to the pot.|
bursting with flavor. We enjoy it topped
with a dollop of Fat Free Sour Cream.
mild sour cream
is a great contrast to the spicy tomato sauce in the Chili
...Yummy! There will be extra portions...these will be placed in the fridge...reheated & enjoyed on Tuesday. :) Super Bowl Chili see: recipe posted 1/17/12 Ingredients:
1 to 1¼ lbs. Ground Beef
1 small Green Pepper, cut into small chunks
(1) 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes, drained
(2) cans Red Kidney Beans (about 19 oz. each)
Chopped Onions (I use 1 Tablespoon dehydrated Onions.)
Chopped Parsley (I use 1 Tablespoon dehydrated Parsley.)
2- 3 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
(2) cans Tomato Sauce (15 oz. each)? ? ? ? ?
Fat Free Sour Cream - add when serving
Rye Bread - for dunking Method:
- Spray nonstick cooking pot of Slow Cooker with PAM.
- Brown Ground Beef in a frying pan.
- Place Green Pepper chunks in cooking pot.
- Add browned Ground Beef.
- Add drained Diced Tomatoes.
- Drain Kidney Beans. Rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Place on top of Tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on desired amount of chopped Onions & chopped Parsley.
- Then, sprinkle Chili Powder, Garlic Powder & Oregano on top.
- Pour Tomato Sauce over top & spread.
- Place lid on top.
- Set temperature to High for 2 and 1/2 hours. Then, reduce to Medium for 1/2 hour.
- Stir before serving into bowls.
A bowl of Chili served with a dollop of Fat Free Sour Cream on top
...add in a slice of Rye Bread for dunking...Yummy!
Are you getting ready for Super Bowl Sunday??? Go 49ers!!!
Read The Full Article: http://atastythought.blogspot.com/2013/02/super-bowl-chili.html Add to del.icio.us Digg this Post to Furl Add to reddit Add to myYahoo!